Welcome

When Grace was born my husband and I made a whole website for her. It was something we liked to do together and a way to make a sort of e-photo album for her. Now that she is older-almost 17 mo.- the website is something we never get to seeing it is at the bottom of our to do list. So I decided to start a blog not only for a keepsake, but for those who rarely see her...

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Potty Sticker Adventures

When Grace turned one I of course had a birthday party. At that party someone told me about how the Japanese train their babies to go in the potty right away. Curious, and a little excited about saving some diaper money, I checked it out. Now I am always one to experiment, so I thought I would try it. The first day she went pee in the big toilet. Eventually I got her a mini-potty and we were going in the mini potty 2-3 times a day some of them poopies (yah!).

When Grace started getting her incisors we went through a series of illnesses. I gave up the potty because it started to be a source of stress for Grace and the last thing I wanted was a potty phobic toddler. These last two weeks though we started the Potty Stickers Game and we were back up to 1-2 times a day.

So tonight we took our bath as usual. (Yes, I got in the habit of bathing with her since that was the only way I could get in a bath since hubby works nights and I haven't stopped) While in the tub Grace asked for a Nah (Nah=Horse). Thinking she wanted a book, I put her outside the tub so she could grab it for us. Instead she walked over to her sticker chart. So I told her to sit on the potty and I would get the stickers out. She did, requested a Dora sticker, or rather said "nina" and I complied then pulled her in to the tub. As I did so I saw a large pee in her potty. Ecstatic, I praised her and we finished our bath.

After the bath she was interested in her sticker chart so I told her to sit on the potty and I would get the stickers out. Yes, I'm easy, she gets to play with the stickers if she sits on the potty, but only gets to place it on the chart is she goes in the potty. I am consistent about this too. Well we talked about the stickers and she played and the got up and started over to her chart. Of course I'm thinking there's no way she peed again, but she did! So I helped her place another sticker on her chart. It was a great potty adventure. Funny what tickles you when you are a stay at home mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment