Welcome

When Grace was born my husband and I made a whole website for her. It was something we liked to do together and a way to make a sort of e-photo album for her. Now that she is older-almost 17 mo.- the website is something we never get to seeing it is at the bottom of our to do list. So I decided to start a blog not only for a keepsake, but for those who rarely see her...

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Swimming Mania

I still remember when Grace was not yet one when she climbed into a bounce house without me and walked and jumper around. It amazed me how brave and physically capable she was at such a young age. Well, swimming is no different. Before we were sick for the whole month of February, Grace had wondered out by herself a few times during the independent play time at the YMCA swim. So, I knew that she would take off soon, but I thought we had a few more sessions before she really went for it. Boy was I wrong. Monday the 8th started rocky with Grace letting go of the wall and falling in. I swept her out but not before she had water up her nose and was coughing. When I tried to put her swim belt on and she pushed it away, I thought it was going to be a clinging night. However, once I told her we were going to play with the rubber duck, already floating in the water she let me put on the swim belt. As I pulled her into the water I readied myself for the death grip around my neck and started to pull her in close. However, I got a big "no," followed by a shove with her hands and she started floating by herself. The next thing I know she's swimming along 3-4 yards away to see Colby and her dad. What a great night! Russ got it all on video with his phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment